Saturday, February 28, 2009

This has been some day to end out February. We had plans to go into Anchorage for a parade, dog sled races, Native dancing, and outhouse races. The weather unfortunately did not cooperate. To make matters worse, I had 3 little girls from church stay with us last night so that they could go. They were quite disappointed. The weather was not looking good, but we loaded the car and started our travels. About 20 miles out, the roads got worse, the visibility got worse, and people were landing in the ditch on the side of the road, in fact, there were about 7 cars in a 1 mile stretch that had just gone in the ditch right before we arrived at that location. We went down to an off ramp and turned around for home. It is a good thing we did, because as the day progressed so did the severity of the weather. It snowed about 8 inches today in a 10 hour period. The kids went out and played in the snow and then their mom decided they should come on home instead of stay tonight and go to church tomorrow. That really disappointed them, but their mom was concerned for their safety. By the time I was able to unwind enough to get on the computer, I realized I had not uploaded my color challenge mini kit at TSG and had no preview. So I started working on it, and nothing seemed to go right. I finally got it done, but it was quite late. Anyway, the name I chose for it was "Sweet Attitude" because even with all that took place today, that is what I know God would want me to have.




Because of all the scares about 4 shared, I tried something different this time. To download the files, you can go here
If you have any trouble, leave me a comment here or email me and I will try and get it to you another way.

No comments: